As previously stated, after the breakup with M. I rediscovered dating quickly. And let me tell you, it's fun. I'm really not into continuing my dating streak indefinitely; that doesn't suit me. But I must say it is opening my eyes on a daily basis, as I have discovered that there are decent and available men on this planet. Maybe more than a handful of them even, which is good because I'm a handful myself! :<)
What I want to say reminds me very much of O Brother Where Art Thou and Everett's wife who left him. She is dating a man who her and her children speak very highly of.
"He's a suitor!"
"He's bonafide!"
"He's got prospects!"
Well you know what, I've got prospects. In a variety of ways. My life is, as someone put it, "on the upswing." And I've met great people recently (read: great men). My sexual confidence is through the roof, which is an amazing sex success story when one considers my history with rape and abuse. I consider myself so blessed at this juncture in my life. Maybe I'm in my sexual prime, but if I am truly a Blanche Devereaux in training, then surely I'm nowhere near my supposed prime. Perhaps even my whole life will be sexually prime. I'll drink to it tonight when I go out after work!

5 comments:
darling, you are the blanche to my dorothy.
One day we will r-u-n-n-o-f-t together.
leaving behind our families and hairnets to move to a sunny retirement condo in florida. we can move in with your mom and betty white. it will be awesome times.
So long as my mom's liver is still working (and she is therefore still drinking) it will be one hell of a time!
if things don't work out with your mom, mayhaps we can find some old sicillian lady and call her "ma" regardless. we will eat cheesecake till we puke.
Post a Comment